Friday, August 12, 2005

Gasp!! Revelation!!

I can't pinpoint exactly when this came over me. But recently, I'm beginning to realize increasingly what a horrible person I am. And I am getting ever so forgetful. Just this morning, it slipped my mind that I had to bid for my labs. I did wake up at 8.45am, but would probably have slept till 10am if not for my Sis's meddling of the com in my room to print stuff. Her frustrations stirred me from my slumber and I got up to help her.

After that, I went online to check my mail. And lo and behold, learnt that a good friend of mine just got attached!! XT: looks like your "rule of 3" is all hogwash. *bleah*

Anyway bidding for the labs didn't cross my mind, despite the fact that I was discussing this with my friends only the day before. I should have realized that today was the 12th and bidding starts at 9am. To think I even volunteered to buy breakfast. Crap!!

9.26am. I checked my handphone and discovered 2 missed calls from TS. I was still wondering what that bugger was up to - calling me so early in the morning!! It must have been something urgent; else he wouldn't have tried twice. Did I miss a lecture or what? Can't be! It's my free day today what. As it turned out, I did miss smth perhaps more impt. The wed slots that TS and I had agreed upon earlier were all taken up by this time, and I had to settle for a mon one, thus making TS switch from his wed bid to mon for EE2007. That was so irresponsible of me. Very sorry TS!!

Hah! It's so easy to apologise when the damage is already done. But I dunno what else I can do. Now I reflect on the times when someone had trespassed against me, was I able to understand and forgive them easily?? Looking back, I think I would feel rather sore abt it, even after trying my best to understand. I never really did and in the end I forgive, but only because I feel that I should be forgiving, thereby making me the saint here. Again, I am judging others by my so-called standard.

Perhaps my induction into church had something to do with this sudden revelation. At the very least I've learnt not to be too self-righteous and judgmental. I am as culpable as anyone else of making the same mistakes. After all, I am only human.

However I do not think that this gives me the right to sin. It is foolish to be thinking "to err is human" and therefore I am absolved of all my transgressions. Herein, I sincerely seek the forgiveness of everyone that I may have unknowingly wronged. I shall have to work harder at being a Godly person.

And I must put a stop to my growing amnesia. HS had to come and ask me for the fineprint crack that I so eagerly promised during lecture yesterday. Now as I try to recall the many things that have slipped my mind, I think of the 20 bucks I owe Kenneth after the night@zouk. And I must tell Kiat to pass Andy Ng the eng prof notes.

It was a good idea to start this blog after all. Other than venting my pent-up feelings, it can serve as a useful platform for me to remember things. There are probably many others I've banished into the backwaters of my cerebrum crying out for my attention now. I'll have to take them a step at a time.

Hopefully, one day in the future I can read my blog with nostalgic delight.

2 comments:

Cyrus said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cyrus said...

Don't worry Jeff we still love you... Awww... Group hug!