Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Words of hypocrisy

I gave church a miss today. Woke up at 10am today, despite setting the alarm for 8am. Technically I could still make it for service, which starts at 11am. However, I deliberated and before long, it was already 10.15. So I thought might as well stay home than have to rush and still be late. Haikz!! All the excuses one can think of to justify his cause when he has already decided. I think I am just feeling lazy…

The truth of the matter is: I was already contemplating missing church for soccer the night before. Why did it have to clash?? A big part of me wants to play footie, plus… I need the exercise!! Gasp! Shall elaborate on that later.

My mum asked me where I was going, as usual. And I said soccer. Well I was lying, as u usual. Although this time, it’s not the usual “meeting friend”, “do project”, blah blah… Most of the time when I said soccer, I was indeed kicking. Only I didn’t tell on the post-soccer activity. Surely, this made me feel better.

I recall an incident beginning of the week. It was my sister’s 1st day of school after her 1 week break. And she was late. Dad had to fetch her to school as a result. Apparently Chung Cheng High has this policy of making latecomers do 50 starjumps. Afraid of the punishment, Ruiling asked my dad to lie to the discipline master that he was responsible for her tardiness, being the one who had overslept etc. I was flabbergasted at her suggestion, and responded sternly, “How can you even think of that?? Lying is NEVER an option!!”

Almost immediately I was overcome with shame. How about me then? I guess we always tend to seek the easy way out. XT tells me my mum confirm knows, she’s only waiting for me to come clean with her. Not daring to face the problem, I’m keeping my fingers crossed. But it’s ever so tiring...

Now I’m beginning to wonder which is the easier way out is for me...

~~~~~

On a happier note, I helped out at St. Luke’s Elder Care Centre’s health screening yesterday. My 1st time “playing” with the spygomanometer and the stethoscope. I feel like a doctor already!! But of course, I was only masquerading. Jiaxi, Ken, KM and his 2 frens, Liping and Liling were the more qualified ones (being medical students), apart from the other already qualified doctors, Ching Kit and Yining and their friend. In the end even pastor tried his hands at the instruments. In any case, I am glad I learnt something. At least I now know how to read the “systolic” and “diastolic”. And I may have gotten myself an internship opportunity. This arose after chatting briefly to another volunteer, who happened to be a HR manager with STATSchipPAC. Hooray!!

After that it was mid-autumn festival celebration at Guilly. I think pictures speak louder than words, so I’ll probably wait till pictures are uploaded before posting them here =P

~~~~~

Unable to put up with the sluggishness of my desktop as well as my sister’s and mum’s incessant complaints no longer, I finally spent one afternoon formatting it. Took a while coz the itchy-finger me went to tweak some settings. And in the end I couldn’t set up my connection. Exasperated, I called the SingNet helpdesk, got past a series of recorded instructions before I was finally able to communicate my concerns with a technical officer. After speaking to him, I realised my folly: I had keyed in the wrong password. This despite insisting adamantly that I had the correct password from the onset. How stupid can I be??

After that I went for a run. Oh! And I managed to catch a recording of 射雕英雄传 today. 郭靖 is my favourite 金庸 hero!! Why did they have to name it Legend of the Arching Heroes?? I’d prefer Condor anytime. And i think i still preferred the 83' TVB version. I remember being mesmerized by the Guo Jing character played by Felix Wong when i was young. Such chilvary!!

3 comments:

Kenneth said...

just wanna leave a note man. =)

no particular reason. then again, why should there be a reason to drop by my bro's website and say hi?

besides to tell him to update! haha

Anonymous said...

heys! i've moved.

Anonymous said...

i noe u didn't realli wish to let me n0e abt tis. but it's good to at least have someone close to u to understand u. friends are indeed imp. n i dun tink i'm right to say anything abt u. coz i'm 10 yrs younger. STILL, i'm the closest to mum. maybe i can give u some advice.


---i noe abt the church thing long ago. good thing, i noe it's not right to say. so i've kept it from mum all the while.


---our mother, though not much educated, but she always has a heart for us. she may not show it. but as wat our sisters always say, this feeling cannot be felt or seen. although i'm nt very nice to her, but i noe she'll never give up on us. especially u. though i'm the youngest n mum shud be more worried abt me, but as wat i noe, it's actually u. when ur in sch n i wanted to call u, mum will always say, "call him for wat? ltr he kena scold how?" or even at home when u were studying, "dun disturb him" although she also does the same to me, but when u sprain ur wrist, she kept askin u to see the doctor. when u wants to play soccer and she dun realli allow,but in the end still let u go, is becoz, she's afraid tat not enof of rest will harm ur health. it's also the same for me


--i noe u realli feel bad abt lying to her. u noe it's not right to. as for my experience, 60% chances tat she'll noe abt it. only tat, she wans to noe how long u cud keep the secret. but if ur lucky, n the thrust she laid in u, she may not noe.


--纸是包不住火的。nt long after, she'll definitely noe, even if i didn't tell her.



`best is find a good time, sit down with dad n mum, tok to them nicely. dad can help to calm mum(in-case) n mum is very reasonable.


--i got to tell u tis. dad knows. i told him. i noe ur unhappy with me. but i got to say. lucky thing is i told dad n ask him if i shud tell mum. he said no. he told me to keep it to myself. n dad told me, at ur age, he tinks tat it's normal.


-- u may not wan to tok to me for a few weeks or months after reading tis, but wat if she realli managed to find out??? she'll really be extremely disappointed at tat point of time.

REMEMBER : she has high blood pressure.


-- tink of the consequences.


all these is wat u n sis told me when i made mum angry or so.


`dad may be fierce, but he's very understanding. if not y we always ask him for help???


-- i hope u noe wat ur doin coz ur big enough to think for urself.


i tink i shall end here. dun broad over it too much now. juz concentrate on ur studies first.